Saturday, July 5, 2014

Thunderous Lights



I love fireworks. I love everything about them. I love the hot bike ride to the park and then the chilly ride home. I love the Davis community sharing in the experience with our collective “ooooh’s” and “ahhhh’s.” I love the fireworks that seem so slow to reach the sky, and that pause for just a moment longer than you expect before filling the sky with a gentle pop of cascading embers. My favorite are the ones that shoot toward the sky so fast you know their BOOM will quickly follow, an experience felt in your chest. I love snuggling together on blankets with my family and watching the kids’ faces in the reflected and thunderous lights. I love how Jukie enjoys the fireworks more each year, this year actually laughing after some of the ones he liked best.

No comments:

Post a Comment